Position: Assistant Professor
My philosophy of education is based on what I know and have experienced till this point in my career and how to transfer the important data to my students. When I think about my role as a lecturer, the one thing that I constantly have focused on is the understanding to the teaching subjects that I have built with my students. I enjoy having conversations with them on subjects and issues that are important to them and experiencing the world and the material that we are studying in class and how to relate to our health.
Al-Isra University/ Amman- Jordan Faculty of Pharmacy- Assistant (Associate) professor- 2018-2020 Hawler Medical University Faculty of Dentistry_ Assistant (Associate) Professor March 2014- till Oct. 2017 Faculty of Pharmacy_ Assistant (Associate) Professor Nov. 2005- March 2014 Baghdad University Faculty of Dentistry_ Assistant (Associate) Professor Baghdad University Faculty of Dentistry_ Lecturer Baghdad University Faculty of Dentistry_ Ass. Lecturer Baghdad University Faculty of Dentistry_ Demonstrator
General & Clinical Pharmacology Cardiovascular pharmacology and Therapeutics Dental Pharmacology & Therapeutics Clinical Pharmacokinetics
The effect of Carob on the healing process of oral ulcers. MSc thesis. College of Dentistry/ Baghdad University. Author [Dr Tagreed Altaei, Dr Raja kammona]
2. The therapeutic effects of zinc sulfate in the treatment of recurrent oral ulceration. Iraqi Dental Journal Vol.29, 2002. Author [Dr Tagreed Altaei, Dr Shanaz ghafor, Dr rafil altikreti]
3. Treatment of Herpes simplex by zinc sulfate. J coll Dentistry 2005; 17(1): 54-6. Author [Dr Tagreed Altaei]
4. Topical treatment of Atopic dermatitis by Silymarin. J coll Dentistry 2005; 17(3): 54-6. Author [Dr Tagreed Altaei]
5. Effects of Silymarin on Coronary artery bypass grafting. J coll Dentistry 2005; 17(2): 54-6. Author [Dr Tagreed Altaei]
6. Treatment of Candidiasis by Ceratonia siliqua. Tikrit Medical Journal 2009; 15 (2): 181-186. Author [Dr Tagreed Altaei, Dr Haider alshakarji]
7. Evaluation of the efficacy of alum suspension in treatment of recurrent aphthous ulceration. J coll Dentistry 2005; 17(2): 54-6. Author [Dr Tagreed Altaei, Dr Raja aljibori]
8. Clinical & experimental studies on the efficacy of topically applied silymarin in the treatment of oral ulcers. PhD thesis Authors [Dr Tagreed Altaei, Dr Saad Alzaidi, Dr nazar talabani]
9. Clinical studies on the efficacy of topical Silymarin in the treatment of Herpes simplex. Iraqi J.Pharm.Sci., 2007; Vol.16 (1): 39-46. Authors [Dr Tagreed Altaei, Dr Saad Alzaidi, Dr nazar talabani]
10. Effect of Siwak extracts on salivary mutans Streptococci, and Streptococci among a group of volunteers, in comparison to other antimicrobial agents. Iraqi Dental Journal, 2008. [D. Amal Al Nidawi, Dr Sulafa El Samarrai, Dr Tagreed Altaei]
11. Treatment of chemotherapy-induced oral mucositis by Silymarin. J Bagh College Dentistry, 2011; Vol. 23(4): 81-89. Author [Dr Tagreed Altaei]
12. Efficacy of topical Flax paint for the treatment of recurrent aphthous stomatitis. J Bagh College Dentistry, 2011; Vol. 23(special issue): 100-107. Authors [Dr Tagreed Altaei, D. Shaheen A. Ahmed, D. Ahmed A. Haider]
13. Topical Lavender oil for the treatment of recurrent aphthous ulceration. American Journal of Dentistry, 2012; 25: 39-43. Author [Dr Tagreed Altaei]
14. Protective effect of Silymarin during coronary artery bypass grafting surgery. Experimental & Clinical Cardiology, 2012; 17(1): 34-38. Author [Dr Tagreed Altaei]
15. Topical treatment of herpes simplex lesion by lavender cream. J Bagh College Dentistry, 2012; Vol. 24(special issue 1): 70-76. Authors [Dr Tagreed Altaei, D. Shaheen A. Ahmed]
16. Olive leaf extract as a new topical management for oral mucositis following chemotherapy. A microbiological, experimental animal study and clinical trial. PhD Dissertation, College of Dentistry/University of Sulaimani. 2010. Authors [Dr Khadija M Ahmed, Dr Nazar Talabani, Dr Tagreed Altaei] Citation: Ahmed KM, Talabani N, Altaei T (2013) Olive Leaf Extract as a New Topical Management for Oral Mucositis Following Chemotherapy: A Microbiological Examination, Experimental Animal Study and Clinical Trial. Pharmaceut Anal Acta 4: 269. doi: 10.4172/2153-2435.1000269.
17. The treatment of melasma by silymarin cream. Altaei BMC Dermatology 2012, 12:18. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-5945/12/
18. Author [Dr Tagreed Altaei] 18. The cardioprotection of silymarin in coronary artery bypass grafting surgery. Artery Bypass book, Intech (ISBN 978-953-51-1025-5), Feb. 2013. Authors [D. Tagreed Altaei, D. Imad A. Jamal, D. Diyar Dilshad]
19. Therapeutic drug monitoring of chelating agent deferoxamine in betathalassemia major patients. MSc thesis. Supervision. International Journal of Clinical Medicine, 2013, 4, 331-342 331 http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ ijcm.2013.48059 Published Online August 2013 (http://www.scirp.org/journal/ijcm). 20. Shireen Sameen, Tagreed Altaei, Efficacy of Topical Zinc Sulphate on Wound Healing of Experimentally Induced Skin Ulcers by Nicorandil and Induction Effect on Transforming Growth Factor-β, American Journal of Clinical and Experimental Medicine. Vol. 2, No. 6, 2014, pp. 137-150. doi: 10.11648/j.ajcem.20140206.15 21- Safety and Efficacy of Medications in Researches. Journal of Osteoarthrits. Altaei, J Ost Arth 2016, 1:1. http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/joas.1000e102. 22- Clinical & experimental studies on the efficacy of topically applied silymarin in the treatment of oral ulcers. 23- Impact of Different Doses of Nicorandil-Induced Ulceration (Oral, Gastrointestinal Tract, and Anal) in Rats: Roles of Leptin and Prostaglandin E2. 24- Treatment of recurrent aphthous ulceration by mastic orabase. Dr. Taghreed Altaei, . J Bagh College Dentistry, 2017. 25- Comparative antioxidant effects of lavender and flax oils in RAU treatment. Shaheen A. Ahmed, B.D.S, M.Sc., K.B.M.S Oral Maxillofacial Medicine. Tagreed Altaei, M.Sc., Ph.D. Talar Ahmed, M.Sc. Ph.D. Accepted 2019.
1. Efficacy of topical zinc sulfate on oral mucositis
2. Topical and systemic efficacy of milk thistle on oral lichen planus
3. Clinical studies of topical zinc sulfate on oral lichen planus
4. Evaluation of the buccal absorption of phenobarbital
5. Evaluation of the buccal absorption of silymarin
6. A pharmacokinetic interaction of doxorubicin, and cyclophosphamide in treating breast cancer.
7. Efficacy of Zinc Sulphate on Wound Healing in a Rabbit induced skin Ulcer Model.
8. Efficacy and Bioavailability of Silymarin on Plasma S100B Level in cardiotoxicity-induced rats.
9. Impact of isoniazid and/or rifampicin on chemokines and clinical parameters level in tuberculosis patients
10. Monitoring post coronavirus infection for patients with concomitant diseases
-Pharmacology part I, II, III
- Toxicology I, II -
-Therapeutic drug monitoring For Pharmacy students
Dental Pharmacology for Dentistry student