Dr. Sardar S. Shareef
My philosophy of education is providing a safe environment where students are invited to share their ideas and take risks. I believe that there are five essential elements that are conducive to learning. (1) The teacher's role is to act as a guide. (2) Students must have access to hands-on activities. (3) Students should be able to have choices and let their curiosity direct their learning. (4) Students need the opportunity to practice skills in a safe environment. (5) Technology must be incorporated into the school day.
10.2019-Present: Lecturer at Tishk International University-Sulaimani.
06.2016 - 07.2019: Research/Teaching Assistant at Eastern Mediterranean University, Famagusta, North Cyprus/ Department of Interior Architecture.
02.2014 - 05.2016: Architect and Architectural Draftsman at Suay Design & Construction LTD, Famagusta, North Cyprus.
09.2005 - 12.2013: Architect, Construction Manager, Architectural Draftsman, Construction Engineer at Balla Company, Sulaimani, Iraq. Working in various projects with full responsibilities.
- Architecture Education
- Construction and materials’ science
- Semiotics in Architecture
- Design for people with autism
- Landscape Design
1).... WoS (SSCI & SCI-E; IF 3.25); Scopus Q1: .... Shareef, S. S, & Farivarsadri, G. (2020). An Innovative Framework for Teaching / Learning Technical Courses in Architectural Education. Sustainability, 12 (22).
2) .... WoS (SCI, IF 2.558); Scopus Q1: Shareef, S. S, Selvaraj, R., Rauf, HL (2021). A Numerical Study on Forced Vibration Analysis and Optimum Design of Rotating Composite Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes-Reinforced Smart Sandwich Plate. International Journal of Structural Stability and Dynamics, (2022).
3) .... WoS (SSCI, IF 1.645); Scopus Q1: Hozan, L. Rauf, Shareef, S. S (in-press). Reconsidering Architectural Education Based on Freire’s Ideas in Iraqi Kurdistan.
4) .... WoS (SSCI & AHCI; IF 0.51); Scopus Q1: .... Shareef, S. S, & Sani, RM (2020). The symbolic usage of stone beyond its function as a construction material: Example of residential architecture in Iraqi Kurdistan, Semiotica 2021; (237), pp. 37-59.
5) .... WoS (ESCI); Scopus Q1: ... Shareef, S. S, & Farivarsadri, G. (2019). The Impact of Color and Light on Children with Autism in Interior Spaces from an Architectural Point of View. International Journal of Arts and Technology (11) 2, pp. 153-164.
6) .... WoS (ESCI); Scopus Q1:...Liu, C., Lin, M., Rauf, H. L., & Shareef, S. S. (2021). Parameter simulation of multidimensional urban landscape design based on nonlinear theory. Nonlinear Engineering, 10(1), 583-591.
7) .... WoS (ESCI); Othman, N. N., Rauf, H. L., & Shareef, S. S. (2021). THE IMPACT OF RESTORATION PROCESS ON THE CULTURAL HERITAGE VALUES. VidyaBharati International Interdisciplinary Research Journal. Special issue, “Engineering Technologies and Management”, part 20, pp. 3008-3019.
8) .... Scopus Q4: ... Rauf, HL, Shareef, S. S, & Ukabi, E. (2019). Understanding the Relationship between Construction Courses and Design in Architectural Education. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (8) 3.
9)... Scopus (Q4): ... Rauf, H. L., Shareef, S. S., Othman, N., N. (2021). Innovation in Architecture Education: Collaborative Learning Method Through Virtual Reality. Journal of Higher Education Theory and Practice, 21(16). https://doi.org/10.33423/jhetp.v21i16.4909.
10) .... Shareef, S. S, Rauf, HL. (2021). The Influence of Building Structure on Human Perception in Interior Spaces. Journal of Studies in Science and Engineering (1) 1, pp. 1-10.
11) Book: Shareef, S. S, & Farivarsadri, G. (2016). Considerations in Design of Interior Spaces for Autistic Children. Germany: Lambert Academic Publishing.
- Design V&VI;
- Building Elements I&II;
- Freehand III&IV;
- Art & Architecture;
- Architecture & Environment I&II.
-Programming and Research
- Project management
- Building regulations and professional practice.
- Basic Design;
- Building Construction Technology I;
- Building Construction Technology II;
- Research & Programming;
- Building Regulations & Professional Practice;
- Theory of Architecture II; - Project Management.
- Construction technology for interiors I;
- Construction technology for Interiors II;
- Computer Aided Design;
- Presentation Technics II;
- Freehand drawing.