2009-2012: PhD in Pharmacy, D., (Pharmacognosy) “Investigations on Ipomoea leari for its anticancer potential” awarded by JSS University Mysore, 2012.
2007-2008: PGDPRA (Post Graduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs) from Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi, India.
2004-2006: Pharm. (Pharmacognosy) from Institute of Pharmacy, Bundelkhand University Jhansi, India.
2000-2004:B.Pharm. from BBDNITM, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, U.P. Technical University.
Sc. (Chemistry, Botany) from DAV Degree College, Kanpur University, U.P, India
|The primary role of a university is to disseminate knowledge and to prepare well-equipped citizens for society. It does this by fostering analytical thinking and by preparing students for the many facets of an increasingly technologically-driven lifestyle This principle has always been the cornerstone of my teaching philosophies at both the Industry and at Ishik University, even though the emphasis has been modulated for each student as per his/her exact needs, educational background and goals. I consider teaching to be a very fulfilling and learning experience for me and believe that I have myself grown as an educator over the years. I believe very strongly that undergraduate pharmacy education is the foundation for a student’s future in any discipline.
In true sense of my view Objective of pharmacy educator like create practical educational and training opportunities for university students, regulatory agencies and industry partners to bridge the gap between academia and the real world work environments.
Provide a platform for the innovative research and development in areas of bio-pharmaceutics, drug delivery and pharmaceutical engineering
Perform collaborative and translational research and development that will provide pharmaceutical companies with a competitive edge in global marketplace.
Foster relationships with regional organizations that have complementary capabilities with the goal of a seamless transition of therapeutic molecules to clinical stages and beyond.
- Director in Puran Murti education society, college of Pharmacy Haryana, India
- Scientist in Polymer Science , Corel Pharma Chem, Ahmedabad, Gujrat, India
- Principal Shiva school of Pharmacy India
- Natural drug
Pharm students for their pharmacy projects.
1. IN202011029325 - A HERBAL PHARMACEUTICAL COMPOSITION TO CURE SKIN DISEASES AND METHODS THEREOF
2. AU2020104074 - FORMULATION OF MULTIPLE - UNIT TABLET OF PANTOPRAZOLE
3. AU2021101439 - A NOVEL HPLC METHOD OF ESTIMATION OF ACECLOFENAC FROM MULTIPARTICULATE DOSAGE AND USES THEREOF
Research/ Review Article:
Ameen MS, Malviya R, Porwal O, Anwar ET, Pant S, Sharma A. Novel Strategies and Model Studies for Colon Targeted Drug Delivery. Drug Delivery Letters. 2021 Jun 1;11(2):156-63.
Jha R, Singh A, Sharma PK, Porwal O, Fuloria NK. Graphene-based nanomaterial system: A boon in the era of smart nanocarriers. Journal of Pharmaceutical Investigation. 2021 Feb 6:1-36. (I. F. 4.8)
Malviya R, Jha S, Fuloria NK, Subramaniyan V, Chakravarthi S, Sathasivam K, Kumari U, Meenakshi DU, Porwal O, Sharma A, Kumar DH. Determination of Temperature-Dependent Coefficients of Viscosity and Surface Tension of Tamarind Seeds (Tamarindus indica L.) Polymer. Polymers. 2021 Jan;13(4):610. (I. F. 4.3)
Malviya R, Raj S, Fuloria S, Subramaniyan V, Sathasivam K, Kumari U, Meenakshi DU, Porwal O, Kumar DH, Singh A, Chakravarthi S. Evaluation of antitumor efficacy of chitosan-tamarind gum polysaccharide polyelectrolyte complex stabilized nanoparticles of simvastatin. International journal of nanomedicine. 2021; 16:2533. (I. F. 5.1)
Hussain FH, Amin HI, Patel DK, Porwal O. An Overview of the Therapeutic Potential of Iris persica. Current Traditional Medicine. 2021 Apr 1;7(2):152-60.
Vishwas, S., Gulati, M., Kapoor, B., Gupta, S., Singh, S. K., Awasthi, A., ... & Porwal, O. (2020). Expanding the arsenal against Huntington's disease-Herbal drugs and their nanoformulations. Current Neuropharmacology. (I. F. 4.6)
Sood, A., Kumar, B., Singh, S. K., Prashar, P., Gautam, A., Gulati, M., ... & Porwal, O. (2020). Flavonoids as potential therapeutic agents for the management of diabetic neuropathy. Current Pharmaceutical Design, 26(42), 5468-5487. (I. F. 2.2)
Kumar R, Gulati M, Singh SK, Sharma D, Porwal O. Road from Nose to Brain for Treatment of Alzheimer: The Bumps and Humps. CNS & Neurological Disorders-Drug Targets (Formerly Current Drug Targets-CNS & Neurological Disorders). 2020 Nov 1;19(9):663-75. (I. F. 4.3)
Kumari, Y., Kaur, G., Kumar, R., Singh, S. K., Gulati, M., Khursheed, R., ... & Porwal, O. (2019). Gold nanoparticles: New routes across old boundaries. Advances in colloid and interface science, 274, 102037. (I. F. 12.98)
Porwal, Omji, Sachin Kumar Singh, Dinesh Kumar Patel, Saurabh Gupta, Rahul Tripathi, and Shankar Katekhaye. "Cultivation, Collection and Processing Of Medicinal Plants." Bioactive Phytochemicals: Drug Discovery To Product Developmen (2020): 14-30.
· Sananda Som, Sachin Kumar Singh, Gopal L. Khatik, Bhupinder Kapoor, Monica Gulati, Gowthamarajan Kuppusamy, and Omji Porwal. ASSAY and Drug Development Technologies.Jan 2020.18(1)11-33
· Porwal, O., Mohammed Ameen, M. S., Anwer, E. T., Uthirapathy, S., Ahamad, J., & Tahsin, A. (2019). Silybum marianum (Milk Thistle): Review on Its chemistry, morphology, ethno medical uses, phytochemistry and pharmacological activities. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 9(5), 199-206
· Y. Kumari, G. Kaur, R. Kumar, S.K. Singh, M. Gulati, O. Porwal, Gold nanoparticles: new routes across old boundaries, Adv. Colloid Interf. Sci. 274 (2019).
· Mayukh Banerjee, Rubiya Khursheed, Ankit Kumar Yadav*, Sachin Kumar Singh*, Monica Gulati, Omji Porwal, Ankit Awasthi, Yogita Kumari, Gurmandeep Kaur, “A Systematic Review on Synthetic Drugs and Phytopharmaceuticals Used to Manage Diabetes”, Current Diabetes Reviews (2019)15:1.
·Ahamad J, Ameen MM, Anwer ET, Uthirapathy S, Porwal O. Qualitative and Quantitative Standardization of Andrographis paniculata by TLC Technique and UV Method. Adv. Med. Dental Health Sci. 2019;2(3):29-32
Faiq H. S. Hussain, Hawraz Ibrahim M. Amin, Dinesh kumar Patel and Omji Porwal*, “An Overview of the Therapeutic Potential of Iris persica”, Current Traditional Medicine (2020) 6: 1
Anti-atherogenic effect of Terminalia arjuna through suppressing adipocytokines and cardiac markers", International Journal of Emerging
Technologies and Innovative Research (www.jetir.org | UGC and issn Approved), ISSN:2349-5162, Vol.6, Issue 5, page no. pp313-326, May-2019.
Pharmaceutical Instrumental Analysis
Isolation and separation techniques chromatography