Fadhil A. Ghaeb
I should know that I am not only teaching, but learning also. What I know about my branch of science should be available for students. Building good relationships with students based on mutual respect and trust and sets the tone for a classroom community is necessary also. When students become friends I believe that teaching and learning will be better. Personal experience in life of the lecturer is important to be sometimes stated for students to make benefits.
Lecturer in the Salahaddin University for 35 years and head of Geology Department for four years. I was continuously member of one or more of the permanent committees in the College of Science in the same University.
Applied Geophysics as used in:
Underground water prospection.
Shallow investigations for Engineering Projects.
Supervising many M.Sc. and Ph.D. students in the Salahaddin University.
- Ghaib, F. A., 1981, Geological Significance of gravity and magnetic anomalies of Jabal Sinjar area / northwestern Iraq, M.Sc. Thesis, Cairo University, Egypt.
- Al-Saigh N., Rasheed, H. and Ghaib, F. A., 1987. Geobotanical, Biogeochemical and Geophysical Prospecting for the Palygorskite deposits in Jabal Maqlub area, NE- Iraq, Soc. V.20, Baghdad-Iraq.
- Al-Saigh N, Ghaib, F. A. and Najmaddin, N., 1989. A reconnaissance gravity & magnetic investigation along Erbil- Shaqlawa highway, NE- Iraq, Arabian Gulf Jou. Sc., V.7.
- Al-Saigh N., Rasheed, H. and Ghaib, F. A., 1989. Resistivity prospecting for the Palygorskite deposits in Jabal Maqlub area, NE-Iraq, Geol. Soc. V.20, Baghdad-Iraq.
- Ghaib, F. A. and Baban, I. N., 1993. Qualitative and quantitative analysis of gravity data in south Mosul area, N- Iraq, Scientific conf. , Univ. of Salahaddin (spec. Issue Zanko).
- Ghaib, F. A. and Baban, I. N., 1993. Magnetic prospecting for Kazhawa & Bestana soor archaeological hills around Sulaymani city, NE-Iraq, Scientific conf. , Univ. of Salahaddin (spec. Issue Zanko).
- Abdulfattah, T. and Ghaib, F. A., 1993. Magnetic and Electric Risistivity investigations for archaeological exploration at Shaba- Cemetery, Erbil, NE- Iraq, Geoph. Exp. Arch. Si., Germany. 7.
- Ghaib, F. A. and Dosky, J., 1999. Microgravity survey of Malta archaeological site, W- Dohuk city.JDU, Spec. Issue, V.2.
- Ghaib, F. A. and Azeez, B., 2000. Application of Gravity method for ground water prospecting. Erbil city. Duhok University, V. 3.
- Ghaib, F. A., Abdulkarim, S. and Jaafar, R., 2000, A reconnaissance gravity survey in the Sulaivany plain, N- Iraq. Duhok University V. 1.
- Ghaib, F. A., Abdulkarim, S. and Jaafar, R., 2001. A Rreconnaissance gravity and magnetic study in Aqra plain / NE – Iraq, of Sulaimani Univ. V.2.
- Ghaib, F. A., 2003. Geophysical investigations of Qasra archaeological site in Erbil city (NE – Iraq). Duhok University, V. 3.
- Ghaib, F. A., 2001. A geophysical study in the Gomspan proposed dam area, E- Erbil city (Iraqi Kurdistan Region). Internal Report Minis. Agri. Irr. report (Erbil).
- Ghaib, F. A., Geophysical study of the Erbil and Aqra plains and their Geological Implications (Ph.D. Thesis).
- Ghaib, F. A., Resistivity Investigations in Harir plain and their geological significants J. of Earth Sc./ Mosul, V.4.
- Ghaib, F. A. and Baban, I. N., 1994. Qualitative interpretations and tectonic trends of Bouguer anomalies of South Haditha area. Dirasat ,V.21B, N.4 , Jordan, V. 21B.
- Ghaib, F. A. 2004. Electric resistivity survey in Bastoora area and its hydrogeological significance (Iraqi Kurdistan Region), Sc. Jour. Of Salahaddin Univ. (Zanko), V. 16.
- Ghaib, F. A. 2004. Pollution around the wastewater valley of Erbil City (a geophysical contribution), Proceeding of the Sixth Inter. Conf. On Geochemistry (Alexandria U., Egypt)
- Ghaib, F. A., 2005. Resistivity survey in Shakrok syncline / E-Erbil City – Iraqi Kurdistan Region. Proceeding of the First Inter. Conf. For Environment (SV Uni.-Egypt)
- Ghaib, F. A. 2003. Gephysical surveying for groundwater in some selected basins in Erbil Govern orate, Internal report presented to FAO-Erbil.
- Ghaib, F. A. 2005. Qualitative interpretations for the Bouguer anomalies in Erbil area (Iraqi Kurdistan Region). Forth geophysical symposium/ Tanta Un. / Egypt
- Ghaib, F. A. 2007. A Preliminary Geophysical Investigation For Establishing a Subsurface Dam In Mirawa Valley (Northeast Erbil City), Fifth geophysical symposium/ Tanta Un. / Egypt.
- Ghaib, F. A. 2008. Electrical resistivity survey in Daibega plain, SW-Erbil-Iraqi Kurd. Reg. New York Science Jour.(USA), V.1, N.3.
- Ghaib, F. A. 2009. The Assessment of Erbil Aquifer Using Geo-electrical Investigation (Iraqi Kurdistan Region), Jo. of appl. Sci. in environmental Sanitation (Indonesia), V.4,N.1.
- Ghaib, F. A., Noshad, A. and Koyey H., Geological Significance of Bouguer Anomalies in Harir Plain, Northwest Zagros Folds-Thrust Belt (Iraqi Kurdistan Region), Jo. Of Nature and Science (USA), V.7, N.6.
- Ghaib, F. A., 2009. Resistivity and Gravity Data Interpretation in the Harir Plain – Northeast of Erbil City – Iraqi Kurdistan Region. Duhok University, V.19,N. 1.
- Ghaib, F. A., Noshad, A, Evidence of Basement Block Boundaries From Gravity and Magnetic Surveys Across the River Zab, West and Northeast Erbil City Iraqi Kurdistan region, Jou. Duhok University, V.13, N.1.
- Ghaib, F. A., Resistivity investigation for well site definition around Barika Village, southeast Sulaimany City-Iraqi Kurdistan Region, International Journal of Environment & Water ISSN 2052-3408, Vol 2, Issue 3.
- Ghaib, F. A. and Gardy, S., Re-interpretation of Geophysical Data for the Archaeological Hill “Malta” at Duhok City – Iraqi Kurdistan Region. Journal of Zankoy Sulaimani- Part A, Vol. 16 (4).
- Ghaib, F. A.,2019. Geological and Hydro-geological implications of gravity data in Aqra plain, (JJEES) 10 (3): 145-151 .
- A new contribution to the (IPC) Bouguer map of a gap area in Mosul and Dohuk region, Geological Bulletin of Turkey 63 (2020) 329-344.
- Interpretation of gravity and magnetic data in the Erbil plain (Iraqi Kurdistan Region), in press.