Samer H. Alssabagh
My philosophy as a lecturer is to motivate my students to develop their own learning interests and critical thinking to establish a learner-centred environment in the classroom. As a result, I prepare lesson plans always considering the interconnection between the student’s own knowledge, culture and learning abilities, and the subject matter discussed in class. I choose content and activities that are both significant and challenging for the students so that they are stimulated to think “beyond” their comfort zone and feel involved in their own learning process. Similarly, the activities and class discussions I facilitate encourage students to make connections between theory and practice. Collaborative learning is also central to my teaching philosophy in order to promote reflective thinking and improve the students’ communicative and trans-cultural skills.
- CFO at Falcon Group & Empire World, Iraq (Feb. 2019 to present)
- Lecturer at Accounting Dept./Tishk International University, Erbil (Feb. 2018 to Present)
- Lecturer at Accounting Dept./Damascus University, Syria (Sep. 2016 to Jul. 2017)
- Audit Manager at PwC LLC, Syria (Jan. 2011 to Aug. 2016)
- Senior Auditor at Tadmor Ltd. |CPA’s|, Syria (Feb. 2008 to Dec. 2010)
- International Standards on Auditing (ISAs)
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs)
- Audit Risks Assessment
- Audit Sampling Techniques
- Alssabagh, S. H. (2020). Fraud Risk Factors that Affect the Audit Program Plan: The Case of Kurdistan Region, Iraq. UKH Journal of Social Sciences, 4(2), 9-19.
- Alssabagh, S. H. & Dahdoh, H. A. (2016). The Extent of Auditors’ Commitment by Assessment Factors of Material Misstatements Risks Due to Fraud: Field Study at Syrian Commission on Financial Markets and Securities. Jordan Journal of Business Administration, 12 (2), 377-399.
- Alssabagh, S. H. & Dahdoh, H. A. (2016). The Extent of Auditors’ Response to Assessed Risks of Material Misstatement Due to Fraud: Field Study. Journal of Al-Baath University for Humanities, 38 (11), 181-210.
- Alssabagh, S. H. & Dahdoh, H. A. (2016). The Extent of Auditors’ Commitment by Assessment Risks of Material Misstatements at Financial Statement Level: Field Study. Tishreen University Journal for Research and Scientific Studies- Economic and Legal Sciences Series, 38 (2), 143-159.
- Alssabagh, S. H. & Dahdoh, H. A. (2016). The Extent of Auditors’ Reliance on Test of Controls to Assess Risks of Material Misstatements at the Account-Level: Field Study at Syrian Commission on Financial Markets and Securities. Damascus University Journal for Economic and Legal Sciences.
- Alssabagh, S. H. (2013). Role of the Basic Accounting System in Preparing of Domestic Product Account in Public Economic Sector: An Applied Study. Tishreen University Journal for Research and Scientific Studies- Economic and Legal Sciences Series, 35 (5), 93-108.
- Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Samer-Alssabagh
- Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=rWAqZP0AAAAJ&hl=ar&oi=ao
- Restructure the accounting information system of Falcon Group/Iraq to meet the IFRSs requirements (2019-2020)
- Developing “Audit Guide” for Chartered Accountants in the Syrian Securities and Exchange Commission (July 2014)
- Leading a training program of “Audit Methodology Based on ISAs” for PwC's staff, Syria (March-May, 2016).
- Holding several workshops about IASs, IFRSs, Feasibility Studies, and Risk Assessment for the following bodies: PwC, ASCA, and SAFAB in Syria (2014-2016).
- Conducting financial advisory services & economic feasibility studies for both international and regional corporations in the Middle East (2011-2016).
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Accounting Information System
- Applications of IT in Accounting
- Computerized Accounting II
- Computerized Accounting III
- Accounting for Mergers, Acquisitions and Complex Structure
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Intermediate Accounting
- Service Management