I aim to provide a learning environment in biology classes in which students are encouraged to learn by doing. When their desire for learning is ignited, the students become better learners. While providing them with a good background in the fundamentals of biology, it is important to relate it to real-life situations. If the students realize that they need the information they have learnt they are stimulated to perform better. A learning setting in which the students learn through doing researches and analyzing their own data will help them develop their critical thinking skills and the ability to draw their own conclusions.
.Vice President, for Educational and scientific affairs,Tishk (Ishik) International University, 2011-2021, Erbil, Iraq. The followings are some major duties I took up during this term:
- Participating in the academic leadership teams and strategic planning initiatives.
- Establishing operating procedures to support academic affairs.
- Following up the daily affairs of the academic departments,
- Overseeing the implementation of the departmental plans and schedules,
- Determining course schedules and coordinating teaching assignments,
- Overseeing the updating of the Staff Handbook and the Student Handbook,
- Tracking the implementation of the activities plans and the research plans,
- Observing the performance of the master degree programs and affairs,
- Following up the quality assurance related issues.
· Chairman, Tishk International University, Institutional Accreditation Committee, 2019-2020, Erbil, Iraq. Supervising the whole process of Institutional Accreditation (Preparing the Self-Report, arranging the Site-visit, analysing the experts’ report) which led to successfuly gaining the Accreditation Certificate issued by the German Agency ZevA.
· Chairman, Ishik University, Accreditation Committee for Computer Engineering and IT departments, 2018-2019, Erbil, Iraq
·Chairman, Ishik University, Accreditation Committee for Law department, 2017-2018, Erbil, Iraq
·Chairman, Ishik University,QMS ISO 9001:2015 Committee, 2014-2021, Erbil, Iraq.
Supervising the whole process of the standard ISO 9001:2015 (planning – doing –checking – acting) which led to successfully gaining the ISO Certificte issued by the international agency Bureau Veritas.
·Chairman, Ishik University, Accreditation Committee for Civil Engineering department, 2015-2016, Erbil, Iraq
· Chairman, Ishik University,QMS ISO 9001:2008, 2014-2017, Erbil, Iraq
· Audit Team member in Quality Assurance in Ministry of Higher Education, 2017, Erbil, Iraq.
· Lecturer, Ishik University, Faculty of Dentistry,2012-2019, Erbil, Iraq
· Head of Committee of Appeals, Ishik University, 2014-2019, Erbil, Iraq
· Head of Central Exam Committee, Ishik University, 2014-2019, Erbil, Iraq
· Coordinator of Quality Assurance, Ishik University, 2014-2019, Erbil, Iraq
· Member,Administratrative Board of Dentistry Hospital, Ishik University, 2014-2016, Erbil, Iraq
·Cordinator, Ishik University, as the Cordinator of Ishik University in the “2nd Future Inventors Project Olympiads”, February 7, 2015, Erbil, Iraq
·Chairman, “the 1st and 2nd International Conference on Ecology, Environment and Energy”, Ishik University, 2014-2015, Erbil, Iraq
·Dean of Education Faculty, Ishik Universy, 2012-2014, Erbil, Iraq
·Chairman, “the 5th International Visible Conference on Foreign Language Teaching and applied Linguistics”, Ishik University, 2014, Erbil, Iraq
·Conference Chairman, Editorial Board of 4th International Visible Conference on “ Educational Sciences”,Ishik University, 2013, Erbil, Iraq
·Chairman of Organizing Committee, and Academic Advisory Committee of 3rd International Visible Conference on “New Trends in Education”, Ishik University, 2012, Erbil, Iraq
·Head of the ELT Department, Ishik University, 2012-2013, Erbil, Iraq
·Dean of Engineering Faculty,Ishik University, 2011-2012, Erbil, Iraq
·Head of organization committee of “Living Together in Balkans” 1st International Balkan Annual Conference (IBAC 2011) sponsored by Madeconian State University and Istanbul University, Skopje, Istanbul, 2011
- Medical Biology and Genetics
- Technical English in Biology
- General Biology
- Introduction to Biology
- Cell Biology
Çiçek, V. & Özdemir, M. (2012). Synthesis and Characterization of Gluconate Salts as Aqueous Corrosion Inhibitors for Mild Steel and 2024. 6061. And 7075 Aluminium Alloys, Journal of International Environmental Application & Science, 7(4), 802-811
- Project Development , 3rd International Visible Conference on “New Trends in Education”, 2012, Erbil, Iraq
- International Conference on Global Issues of Early Childhood and Children’s Rights, 27-29 April 2012, Gaziantep, Turkey.
- Agriculture and Forestry in Moldova and Macedonia, 2nd International Balkan Annual Conference (IBAC 2012) sponsored by Epoka University and Istanbul University, Tiran, Albenia, 2012
- Quality Assurance Seminars, Ishik University, 2012, Erbil, Iraq
- Özdemir, M & Mart, C.T. (2013). Teaching Science Vocabulary to ESL Learners. 3rd FLTAL Conference by Burch University Bosnia and Herzegovina, 3-5 May
- Environmental impacts of religious tourism. International Conference on Religious Tourism and Tolerance, Faculty of Tourism, Necmettin Erbakan University, Konya, Turkey, 9-12 May, 2013
- Creating Environmental Awareness through Education, 4th International Visible Conference on “ Educational Sciences”, 12-13-14 April 2013, Erbil, Iraq
Medical Biology and Genetics(Faculty of Dentistry)
Ecology (Petroleum and Mining Department)
Medical Biology and Genetics (Faculty of Dentistry)
Medical Biology and Genetics