Abubakar M. Ashir
As an engineer, first and foremost, I wake every day thinking about how to make the world a better place through persistent commitments to understanding the basic underlying principles that governs our universe. These basic principles make it possible to build a much more complex systems in the field engineering. My philosophy in teaching though, is born out of this curiosity to unravel what appears to be a complete mystery and hard-to-crack concepts for students to basic units that are understandable, relatable and digestible. This breeds a team of students who view the world in its basic simpler elements and can dare to do the impossible.
- Artificial Intelligence, Pattern Recognition, Machine Learning, Deep learning, Digital Image Processing, Digital Signal processing, Biometric, Optimization, Robotics, Numerical Analysis
|1. Ashir, A., Eleyan, A. & Akdemir, B. (2019). Facial Expression Recognition with Dynamic Cascaded Classifier, Neural Computing and Application (NCA), 1-15 (sci)
2. Ashir, A., & Eleyan, A. (2017). Facial Expression Recognition based on Image Pyramid and Single Branch Decision Tree. Signal, Image and Video Processing, SIViP , 9(1), 1-8 (sci).
3. Ashir, A., & Eleyan, A. (2017). Facial Expression Recognition based on Compressive Sensing and Pyramid Processing. Pamukkale University Journal of Engineering Sciences PAJES, 23(5), 527-531.
4. Ashir, A., & Eleyan, A. (2017). A Monogenıc Local Gabor Bınary Pattern for Facıal Expressıon Recognıtıon. Selcuk University Journal of Engineering Sciences and Technology, 5(4), 414-422.
5. Ashir, A., Akdemir, B., & Bilal, A. (2018). Manhattan Penalty Based Multi-Modal System for Face Recognition, Scholars Journal of Research in Mathematics and Computer Science, 3(1), 2581-3064.
|1. Ashir, A., & Eleyan, A. (2016). Compressive Sensing Based Facial Expression Recognition. IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication Application Conference (SIU), 16-19 May 2016, 1-4, Zonguldak, Turkey.
2. Ashir, A., & Akdemir, B. (2018). Facial Expression Recognition with an Optimized Radial Basis Kernel, IEEE 6th International Symposium on Digital Forensic and Security, 22-25 March 2018, Antalya Turkey.
3. Ashir, A., Atef A. Ata and Mohammad S. Salman,” FPGA-Based Image Processing System for Quality Control and Palletization Applications”, IEEE International Conference on Autonomous Robot Systems and Competitions, ICARSC, Espinho, Portugal, May 2014.
4. Ashir, A. and A. Eleyan, “A Multi-resolution Approach for Edge Detection using Ant Colony Optimization”, IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing and Communications Applications, (SIU2015), Malatya, Turkey, 2015.
5. Shehu, G. S., Ashir, A. and A. Eleyan,” Character Recognition using Correlation & Hamming Distance”, IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing and Communications Applications, (SIU2015), Malatya, Turkey, 2015.
6. Ashir, A and Shehu, G. S. “Adaptive Clustering Algorithm for Optical Character Recognition”, IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Computers and Artificial Intelligence (ECAI), Bucharest, Romania, 2015.
7. Ashir, A., and E. Abo-serie, “Least Squares Multi-Level Approach for Centroid Detection in Active Triangulation”, IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Computers and Artificial Intelligence (ECAI), Bucharest, Romania, 2015.
|Supervised Independent Study & Research|
3.Digital Signal Processing
5.Theory of Automaton